1.1Since its inception in 1999, Inuvik Gas Ltd. (IGL) has grown to a well-known locally operated company, with 9 full time employees and approximately 900 customers. Supported by the experience and talents of the Inuvialuit Petroleum Corporation, AltaGas Services, and ATCO Midstream NWT Ltd., IGL delivers clean burning, natural gas and synthetic natural gas to our customers.
1.2IGL is committed to assist and promote the well being of Inuvik, specifically in the areas of safety and environment, culture, education, and community well-being. IGL also supports the fair and equal treatment of all residents. For this reason, the company has developed focus areas that will contribute to the overall success of the Community in which we operate. These focus areas are frequently reviewed to help ensure the needs of our changing Community are being met.
1.3Inuvik Gas Ltd. normally does not provide financial support to sports organizations or for recreational activities, although promotional recognition may be provided from time to time. Religious or political organizations are not eligible for funding.
2.1The basis for our contribution policy is that:
- Requests for financial assistance are considered on the basis of relevance to health and well-being, cultural significance, the environment, safety, or education.
- Funds may be provided to assist special events.
- Requests for financial assistance must be made in writing on official letterhead. Funding requests should be supported with a budget for the initiative.
- Requests for financial assistance in excess of $1000 require approval by the IGL Board of Directors.
- Decisions will normally be made within four weeks of the receipt of a request for financial assistance. Decisions on requests in excess of $1000 will take longer. IGL will advise of the decision.
- Organizations receiving funding will be asked to provide a final report with an appropriate level detailing the results and benefits achieved through the funding.
- An appropriate tax receipt must be issued to Inuvik Gas Ltd., if applicable
- We believe that responsible companies and individuals can work together to contribute to a cleaner environment, a safer community, and to help foster community well-being. We have chosen this direction to ensure a successful and a safe community now and in the future.